1st Line Support Technician
- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of the role:
PTS is looking for a 1st Line Support Technician to join our dedicated Managed Services Team, providing remote support covering 400+ users, across 13 sites internationally, as well as servicing a large organisation on site. You’ll be a point of contact for IT and Facilities Incidents, Service Requests and problems, providing a professional and customer-focused service throughout the life-cycle of each ticket. You’ll be managing customer expectations and keeping the customer informed of progress. You’ll also be providing telephone support to assist customers regarding the progress of their requests to fulfilment.
The main responsibilities of a 1st Line Support Technician include:
This role will require you to process high volumes of calls, requests and emails on a daily basis while maintaining excellent attention to detail and customer service. You will need to:
• Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Investigate and diagnose incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical incidents with the objective of restoring normal services as quickly as possible
• Resolution and fulfilment of incident and service requests within the service levels agreed
• Develop a strong understanding of applications and underlying support processes and procedures
The Service Desk team provides support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis so shift work will be required.
The shift pattern consists of:
• 12 hour day shifts (8am – 8pm)
• 12 hour night shifts (8pm – 8am)
• Standard day shifts (7am-3.30pm, 9am – 5.30 pm, 10.30am- 7pm)
You will not be required to work more than four consecutive 12 hour shifts (day or night), and will have periods of between 2 and 5 days off at a time.
You will be required to work 2 out of 7 weekends.
In addition to your base salary, there is a night shift allowance paid for every night shift worked.
This role will suit someone with the following skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience working in a similar role with a minimum of 3 years experience
• Examples of adhering to and achieving set quality standards and measures
• Proven team working skills but also be able to use own initiative to support our customers
• Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Desktop Applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience of recording all IT incidents, requests and problem, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with ITIL Service Desk Standards
• Experience in supporting Windows, MS Office suite and Office 365 environment, as well as administering Active Directory
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact
• Previous experience of providing excellent customer service supporting a large customer base in a complex setting, preferably from a FTSE 250 firm with cutting edge technologies
• Previous experience of Sunrise as a ticketing tool for processing requests and tasks
• Experience in using remote support tools
• Experience of laptop/desktop and thin client support
• Experience of working in an ITIL based environment
• Writing Technical Documentation with regards to User Training, Common Faults or Incident/Change requests
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology. We combine strategic guidance with innovative design and practical implementation to ensure technology transforms, engages and optimises.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.