Commercial Contracts Manager
- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of the role
PTS is now recruiting for an experienced Commercial Contracts Manager to work within the Commercial team of our global, ever-expanding independent IT consultancy. Applicants will ideally be working as a Contracts Officer or Commercial Officer currently and possess experience working with contracts, commercial, sales, procurement or legal agreements. You will have to demonstrate strong stakeholder building skills and the ability to work cross-functionally, as the Commercial Contracts Manager will provide the commercial and contractual interface to external customers with the support of the Legal Officer.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder building skills with cross-functional colleagues. You’ll need to demonstrate experience working with contracts, commercial, sales, procurement or legal experience. A Working knowledge of contracts and standard contracting terms for supply of goods and services is also desired. You’ll need to possess commercial acumen and have an understanding of bids, tenders, proposals, negotiations and contract management. Degree, or commercial, legal qualification and IACCM education is preferred.
Commercial Contracts Manager represent the contractual and commercial aspect of the business to external customers, supplier, internal departments including, financial, project control, legal and insurance, and senior management with the support and guidance of the Legal Officer. This includes negotiating and implementing contracts, sub-contracts and contract changes, including the negotiation of price and related matters.
Main Responsibilities of a Contract Manager Include
• Reporting and managing commercial contracts/ contractual risks and opportunities within relevant Proposals and Contracts
• Supporting the technical departments (projects) concerning all contractual issues
• Analysing, reviewing and preparing the financial and contractual part of proposals, as directed, for commercial customers, national and international
• Managing and directing the commercial/contractual matters during the bid phase, including working with the Legal Department and Project teams to prepare, draft and assist with the negotiation of Customer terms and conditions of contract and other non-standard agreements
• Identifying commercial and contractual conditions favourable for the company and secure their implementation
• Observing compliance with legal requirements and internal regulations
• Reviewing, creating and negotiating contractual documentation (non-disclosure agreements, cooperation agreements, licence agreements, procurement contracts, master service agreements, subcontracts
• Preparing documentation for internal approval of proposal/ contracts
• Ensuring compliance with policies, process and procedures
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology. We combine strategic guidance with innovative design and practical implementation to ensure technology transforms, engages and optimises.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.