Customer Support Manager
- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of the role
We are looking for an experienced customer support professional to join our team in London. This role has responsibility for the day-to-day running of the IT Service Desk, acting as the conduit between PTS and the Customer as well as the escalation point for PTS staff for all IT support matters. The role will operate within the Customers core business hours of 9-5:30 but will require the flexibility to occasionally assist outside of this remit.
- Take ownership of service by acting as the Customer’s sole point of contact for all operational matters.
- Ensure that the contracted services are delivered and monitored, in particular that the service levels and performance indicators defined in the contracts are met or exceeded.
- Day-to-day management of up to 10 support technicians with support from the desk supervisor on the 24×7 Service Desk, including managing and maintaining the shift rota and annual leave requests.
- Coordination/oversight of ticket escalation between the Service Desk and Customer technical resolver groups.
- Problem and incident management coordination.
- Ensure that all services provided are thoroughly documented, audited, and regularly improved upon where possible.
- Assist the Customer’s Service Delivery Manager (SDM) with transitioning new supported applications to the Service Desk team.
- Participation in Customer’s Change Management Board.
- Creation and presentation of monthly reporting pack.
- Supply Customer’s SDM with data for their monthly dashboard.
- Arranging training with the Service Desk team when new services are introduced by the Customer.
- Strong inter-personal skills and able to communicate with staff at all levels, across a broad range of technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Actively monitoring service levels and escalating to resolvers/resource leads to maintain compliance with SLA.
- Business/customer liaison and communication.
- Vendor management.
- Service desk environments, techniques, and toolsets – Internal and outsourced.
- Managing a 24 x 7 x 365 shift rota.
- ITIL Foundation or equivalent
- Creation of Service Improvement Plans
- Analytical thinking, open to new ideas and approaches with a passion to obtain results.
- A dedicated, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and a positive approach to being challenged.
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.