Data Center Account Manager
- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of Role:
PTS is looking for an Account Manager aligned with our Data Centre Practice. As an account manager, your overall responsibilities will be to undertake sales activities, within an agreed sales & marketing strategy that result in sales orders from new and existing clients in order to achieve agreed monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets for ‘Gross Profit on Sale’ and Sales Order Value. The candidate will have primary responsibility for driving sales for our Data Centre practice.
This role can be described as part new business, part account management, part Data Centre consulting. It is a role that requires excellent people and relationship building, and ongoing development into a trusted adviser role, to ensure that every client is well served and supported in all circumstances.
The ability to make a good first impression is essential, along with the necessary social skills and technical knowledge that reflect PTS’ professional approach to both account management and Data Centre service delivery.
In-depth knowledge of particular market sectors, especially within the financial and technology sectors, along with extensive existing contact lists, would be great additional assets.
PTS offers an environment that encourages talented, self-motivated, individuals to realise their full potential within a friendly, and supportive commercial team.
The main responsibilities of a Account Manager
• Assisting with the development of sales & marketing plans
• Sales lead generation
• New client prospecting
• Responding to tenders
• Opportunity management
• Project initiation and ongoing account management
This role will suit someone with the following skills, qualifications and experience
• Significant experience working in an IT, Data Centre or similar technical environment
• Proven experience in selling consultancy or services
• Proven experience in a sales or business development role
•’Blue chip’ private sector client experience
• ‘Blue chip’ private sector client experience
• Knowledge of verticle markets: Financial services; utilities; retail and major corporates in FTSE 250
• Long term client business development/ account management understanding
• New business lead generation, prospecting and closing
• English and maths plus applicable technical courses to demonstrate an understanding of IT/ Data Centre/ Comms technologies
• Sales skills/ account management
• Technical IT/ LAN/ WAN Telecoms
• Good knowledge of PC software applications e.g. Word, Excel
• Have excellent people/ interpersonal skills
• Great informal/formal presentation skills
• Ability to communicate fluently, both verbally and in writing
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology. We combine strategic guidance with innovative design and practical implementation to ensure technology transforms, engages and optimises.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.