- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of the Role
Working in the workplace practice of this rapidly expanding global independent IT consultancy, you will ideally currently be working in a senior technical consultancy or pre-sales consultancy and possess significant experience in a relevant area.
The Networking arena is one of constant development and as such clients look to PTS to provide the relevant advice, guidance and services to assist them and as such, the role of a Network consultant is critical in ensuring project success.
The main responsibilities of an Network Consultant include
- Engaging and understanding the business needs of the client
- Defining the relevant technologies to meet the business needs
- Formulating the business needs and technology requirements into a written strategy
- Presenting and justifying the strategy to both technical and non-technical client teams and senior management
- Running a competitive procurement exercise
- Project Managing the implementation of the chosen technologies and services
This role will suit someone with the following skills, qualifications and experience
- Enterprise Networking
- Local Area Network; fabric architecture, close networks, QoS Schemas
- Wide Area Network; MPS, SD-WAN
- Wireless Technologies; Wi-Fi and Cellular (Small Cell, DAS)
- Cyber Security and Network Access Control
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Network Access Control
- Adaptive Persistent
- Identity & Access Management
An understanding of the practical design considerations and impact on the network in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Unified Communications and Collaboration (IPT/VoIP)
- AV and Multimedia – Supporting AV platforms over IP
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology. We combine strategic guidance with innovative design and practical implementation to ensure technology transforms, engages and optimises.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.
Apply for this role