Smart Buildings Consultant
- Type: Permanent
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive
Overview of the role:
It’s an exciting time to be at PTS as we develop our Smart Building offering to the market. With many leading-edge projects already in flight, we are looking to significantly grow our team to maximise the opportunity in this rapidly expanding area.
If you have a passion for emerging technologies, and a mindset to deliver outstanding outcomes that have a real tangible impact to people’s everyday lives, we want to hear from you.
As a Smart Building Consultant within PTS, you will be supporting the Smart Building team in assisting our Client’s benefit from innovative technology solutions within the built environment.
You should be able to use your extensive knowledge of building systems to deliver new outcomes through ‘thought’ leadership’.
This role is key in enabling PTS to achieve its financial expectations from this market sector.
You should have a strong commercial and technical skills in a hybrid commercial/delivery role working alongside other members of the team.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone who’s good at working in a fast-paced environment on technology projects. You must be effective working individually and within teams and must be able to prioritise multiple tasks.
The main responsibilities of a Smart Buildings Consultant include
• Developing opportunities for Smart through new and existing relationships
• Provide SME contribution to sales proposals, working with our Bid Management Team, taking an active role in pitching for new business
• Take ownership of Client relationships throughout the project lifecycle
• To keep abreast of current and emerging Smart technologies and maintain in-depth technical knowledge to facilitate solution design
This role will suit someone with the following skills, qualifications and experience
• Strong spoken and written communication skills
• Excellent understanding of building control systems
• A strong understanding of how buildings are designed, built and maintained
• Have a Project Management capability
• Strong innovator
• Having experience working with design teams, including Architects, Project Managers & MEP Consultants
• Have a strong understanding of the RIBA plan of work
• Pay close attention to detail
• Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcome
• Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes
• Have an excellent competence across Microsoft Office tools
• Be willing to undertake ongoing training as required to maintain strong credentials in Smart
• 3 years or more experiences in the Smart Building market
• Experience in the Corporate Real Estate Sector
• Experience in the Higher Education sector would be advantageous but not essential
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology. We combine strategic guidance with innovative design and practical implementation to ensure technology transforms, engages and optimises.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.