Doncaster College cracks down on its telecoms costs and gets set to reduce its annual bill by an estimated 17% with help from PTS Consulting
The College’s IT department inherited the support and procurement of telecoms used by the College in 2006. This responsibility previously fell to staff no longer with the organisation and there was thus little surviving or unifying documentation for them to turn to.
- A Lines and Billings Review, which gave the College full visibility of its existing costs for telecoms lines, call charges and mobile telephones
- A benchmark analysis against current market figures, which provided a mechanism for comparison and recommendations for options to reduce the cost of provision
- The ability for the College to reduce fixed line call costs from 1.5 pence per minute to 0.6 pence per minute
- The potential for the College to reduce cost of calls to mobiles from 10 pence per minute to 7.5 pence per minute
- The prospect of reducing overall annual call costs of the telephone services of the College by an estimated 17%
Read the Full Case Study
“I am delighted with the results of the lines and billings review carried out for Doncaster College by PTS Consulting. PTS has helped the College to gain a much greater level of control of our everyday and annual telecoms expenditure.- Eoin O’Cuinnegain, Service Manager, Corporate IT Services at Doncaster College
Thanks to PTS Consulting, the College’s IT department now has the power to make an informed decision to reduce the number of telecommunications suppliers it uses and achieve much lower fixed and fixed to mobile call costs, as well as significantly bringing down its annual telecoms expenditure.