Data Centre Electrical Design Engineer, UAE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: United Arab Emirates
- Salary: Competitive
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputable University (as a minimum)
- Years of experience: Minimum of 3 years
- A recognized certification in the field of Data Centre Design: ATD, AOS, CDCDP, etc
- Familiar with ETAP with minimum experience of 3 years
- Preparation of Electrical design calculations & sizing based on international standards, guides, and local authority regulations.
- Coordination with other team members for design tasks.
- Coordination with Mechanical Engineers for related calculations.
- Generating layouts/diagrams in CAD format.
- Reviewing material submittals and shop drawings
- Performing value engineering and design reviews.
- Assisting in writing of specifications
- Preparing Bill Of Quantities
- Assisting in producing employer requirements
- Familiar with electrical authorities for projects in various countries
- Familiar with international electrical standards.
- Familiar with electrical design software such as Dialux and Etap
- Attend internal coordination meetings.
- Site supervision and facility operations consultancy
- Coordinating and reviewing design submissions from subconsultants
- To be involved in tender management
- Attending design review meetings, workshops and reports during design phases.
- Attending project progress and meetings
- Attending Data Centers implementations, testing, and handing over
- Verifying conformity of the designs with the local regulations and international standards
- Facilitated Approval of the final design with authorities and other parties
- Assist in creating a detailed Facility Testing script in line with the intended Tier design
- Providing/reviewing T&C Method statements for all trades including IST
- Assisting in project variations and time extension evaluation exercise
Generic Personal Qualities
- Self motivation
- Willingness to learn
- Of smart appearance
- Be able to offer better working practices and efficiencies
- Quality approach and attention to detail
- Workload and priority management
- Good team communication
PTS is a global digital architecture practice. We offer clients a personalised service to transform their operations through technology.
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.