University of London
PTS provides advice and guidance around the implementation of its student administration and management system
The University was seeking advice and guidance around the implementation of its student administration and management system. SITS is an externally provided IT system that manages student administration processes, from the initial enquiry stage through to the graduation and alumni stages. The system is considered vital to realising the University’s strategic business objectives; however the development and implementation of an important part of the system had not been completed to the planned schedule.
- Good programme and project governance, adhering to PRICE 2 and University quality standards
- Effective change management, and clear communication and consultation with key stakeholders, with formal validation of customer requirements
- A strategic understanding of the changes to the student and system lifecycle and capabilities of the SITS product
- Clear roles and responsibilities for the project with regard to design, build and test
- Clearly established processes and process management resource allocation
- Improved confidence in the project team with robust and timely escalation and response to issues
- Reduced risk to operations and overall cost of running a highly complex system
Read the Full Case Study
““Thanks to PTS, the process was conducted professionally and with great thoroughness. The quality of the output from PTS was of a high standard and presented a clear case for action and a roadmap to assist us in moving forward. Graphic representation of the work built up over time took us on a journey that was both illuminating and highly instructive. Staff felt they had been listened to and their views faithfully presented. Overall, PTS demonstrated an excellent strategic understanding of the technological transformational environment. They were prepared to challenge us constructively and deliver a number of important observations for future development.”- The Director of Operations at the University of London
The University was grateful to PTS, for appreciating that the situation encompassed not only technology, but an understanding of, and an appetite for, change. PTS was able to bring focus to the higher-level needs of the business and establish the foundations of a strategic roadmap for change which will transform the University to meet its requirements.
Guidance and direction from PTS Consulting lead the University of London down the right path to change regarding their software systems.Read more
Strategic guidance from PTS paves the way for network improvement at The City University.Read more