Bank of New York Mellon
Collaborating with BNY Mellon, PTS embarked on an award-winning 18-month Data Centre Migration programme.
An assessment of the existing applications and IT support infrastructure helped to define the most appropriate strategy to transition the new Data Centre.
- 17 flawless migration events of 200 business applications, on time and on budget without disruption to the business
- A new Data Centre environment to allow BNY Mellon to deliver the highest level of service to its customers
- Reduction of risk within the Data Centre portfolio
- A successful blueprint to use for subsequent Data Centre migrations
- DatacentresDynamics EMEA Special Assignment Team of the Year
“The eighteen months that we allocated for the project was very ambitious, but with help from the pts team, we achieved our targets and now have a state of the art data centre environment, fully aligning technology with our future business needs. We needed the ‘a-team’ for this project and, with PTS, we got it. Winning the ‘Data Centre special assignment of the year’ award is a fitting testament to this remarkable team effort.” – Trevor Green, Data Centre Programme Manager, Bank of New York Mellon
Equipped with the detailed information gathered during the planning phase and through further consultation with impacted business partners and applications owners the team developed an ambitious Migration Strategy that looked to facilitate an approach which presented minimal risk and impact to the business. This resulted in the creation of migration event groups which logically grouped application interdependencies and relationships. A migration plan and strategy was agreed with impacted business partners and technology teams that would form the foundation of the migration execution stage.