Smart Building Network Architecture
Creating the infrastructure for the world’s most sustainable office environment, designed to inspire collaboration and fuel innovation. Smart technologies and building systems reside on the IP network to enable a smart, sustainable building.
In 2012, leading financial software, data and media company, Bloomberg, embarked on an ambitious project to transform a 1.1. million square foot site into a technology-rich workspace, where smart technologies and building systems reside on the IP network to create a smart, sustainable building.
- Network Architecture enables Smart Sustainability, helping to achieve a BREEAM Rating of 98.5%
- Technology Vision, Strategy, Design, Implementation, and Optimisation for over £70m worth of technology
- Intelligent, interconnected systems provide Bloomberg with detailed performance and space utilisation analytics, aiding decision making and allowing Bloomberg to constantly monitor and improve the efficiency of the building
- The future-proofed infrastructure allows Bloomberg to incorporate state-of-the-art innovations and systems onto the existing corporate network
- Commitment and attention to every detail of the staff experience throughout the space provide Bloomberg with a platform to attract and retain the very best talent to the organisation
- RIBA Sterling Prize
- AV Awards Corporate Enterprise project of the Year
- BCO Best of Best Award
- BCO Corporate Workplace of the year
- BCO National Award
“PTS ensured that Bloomberg’s requirements were met throughout the lifecycle of the project and helped ensure the delivery of a world-class, leading-edge campus network incorporating the latest in innovative network design philosophy, delivered both to schedule and within budget constraints”
Inside Bloomberg’s new office space, built upon the site of a former roman temple, is a building that harnesses innovation in design and technology to create an employee-focussed environment that inspires collaboration and fuels productivity.
With £70 million worth of technology inside, the workplace supports users as they make use of the building’s technically enhanced spaces. From desk spaces to huddle areas and breakout spaces, meeting rooms to the 290-seat multipurpose room, and a 240-seat auditorium, users can enjoy a consistent, frictionless experience as they make use of the building’s facilities.
As a smart building, each room is responsive to changes in the environment keeping in line with Bloomberg’s sustainability agenda as well as providing users with a seamless experience. With the vast majority of building systems and building management systems residing on the IP network, Bloomberg can leverage the benefits of automation and data to create a fully optimised and efficient environment. In combination with the innovative nature of the building’s structure, the building not only serves the needs of its inhabitants but the wider community and planet too. As a result, the building boasts a BREEAM rating of 98.5%, the highest sustainability rating of any commercial building in the world.
Technology innovation enables a world-leading building for sustainability and wellbeing, while challenging conventional thinking with cutting-edge Audio Visual & Multimedia design.Read more
Smart Network Architecture, Audio Visual technology and Physical Security create a proactive environment which drives productivityRead more