Brighton & Hove City Council
The Client, a city council, engaged PTS to review the strategic options for its ageing Data Centre infrastructure.
PTS reviewed three strategic options, including:
- Refurbishing the two existing main Data Centres to meet modern cooling and power standards to achieve the Council’s availability and resiliency targets
- Using a third-party Data Centre to host the Council’s applications providing the site could meet the Council’s business needs and comply with PSN, IL2 and IL3 connectivity and security requirements
- Relocating the Council’s equipment cabinets to a third party (or Shared Service) Data Centre facility
- Proposed procurement route through local established partners
- Close collaborative relationship with the Council’s ICT and Procurement teams to develop a schedule of requirements
- Full support during presentation sessions and decision-making process
“Such experience and knowledge combined with
expertise in Data Centres and strategy development, as well as procurement exercises, ensured the Council was on the path to modernising its Data Centre infrastructure and could allocate the necessary resource to transform vision into reality.”
With extensive experience in working with local governments, the Council benefitted from having a consultancy on board the project that understood the common requirements of local government and public sector clients as well as G-Cloud 4. Such experience and knowledge combined with expertise in Data Centres and strategy development as well as procurement exercises ensured the Council was on the path to modernising its Data Centre infrastructure and could allocate the necessary resource to transform vision into reality. The process involved throughout the project included cross training, and the Council’s ICT employees were able to develop new skills to assist the Council going forward.
Leeds City Council required PTS to help transform the council in terms of how they used ICT in the teaching and learning environment.Read more
Providing specifications for the client to purchase new cloud-based communication services, enabling full-time remote and hybrid working for 75% of staff.Read more