Global Financial Advisory Group
Banking & Finance
The client is a Global Financial Advisory Group. It employs thousands of people to provide independent financial advice to organisations and individuals worldwide.
The client has a long-standing presence in London which is a major hub for the company in Europe. The client had made the decision to build a brand new, 15-storey, glass and steel building on its existing site that would offer a high specification working environment for up to 1,000 people. The new building would incorporate:
- Meeting and dining suites
- Boardroom, dining and management suites
- Investment banking meeting room suites
- Investment banking meeting room suites
- Investment banking office floors
- Private banking office floors
- Commercial banking office floors
- Training suite
- HR and IT offices
The employees had been working in three temporary City locations whilst the new build was underway. The employees would then require relocating back to the main site once the new office was in place.
PTS Consulting (PTS) was introduced to the client by the construction project management company and was then subsequently engaged on the prestigious project via a competitive tender process to act as IT Consultancy Partner for the relocation.
In this role, PTS would represent the client as part of the project development monitoring team and act as part of a collaborative professional team from inception to delivery of the fit-out including design, procurement, construction, commissioning and business migration.
IT and AV Strategy
The client wanted to provide an impressive, creative and high specification space for its employees and visitors. The PTS IT and AV Consultants worked methodically with the client to capture and validate its vision and compile a high level roadmap that would see the client successfully achieve its aims.
IT and AV Design
The next stage was to translate the client’s strategy into a design and programme that would deliver the desired increased IT performance and enhanced user experience on a future-proof infrastructure.
PTS designed a converged IP network infrastructure that would provide a resilient platform allowing users to work with greater flexibility and access services from around the building. The design for the new AV facilities provided a significant step-change throughout the organisation. In conjunction with the client’s resources teams, PTS undertook a major commission to create a harmonised and centralised room and resource management system to provide a significant improvement in efficiency. The system integrates and interfaces with a range of systems to provide the full functionality set:
- On-line physical room booking resources
- Physical meeting room booking screens
- Calendar integration with MS Outlook
- Building Management System (BMS); the Room Booking System controls the BSM in all of the meeting and event spaces
- AV Control and Management
- Global video conferencing infrastructure over IP connecting up to 40 worldwide locations
Touchscreens were provided at each of the meeting rooms to provide room booking and occupancy status. The screens allow users to make ad-hoc bookings – if a room is free in between other bookings it can be booked from the touchscreen and the central database will be updated.
PTS also incorporated the following custom-built solutions:
- Sophisticated audio system for the glass ‘Sky Pavilion’ at the top of the building
- Training suites with session recording, playback and remote broadcast via video conferencing
- IPTV system to broadcast 29 TV and radio channels
- AV System for gym and exercise studio
Vendor Independent Procurement
Following client sign-off for the IT and AV designs, PTS oversaw a programme to approach the market and source the best solutions available to meet the client needs. PTS provided an objective assessment of the vendor solutions, in order for the client to decide on the solutions that best matched their requirements and design specifications.
Implementation and Relocation Management
PTS provided a dedicated Project Management Office (PMO) function throughout the project that ensured the solution roll-out was aligned with the construction programme and that the IT and AV relocation was delivered in line with anticipated timescale and budget.
Dedicated PTS Project Managers focused on the finer detail of the implementation providing the client with: onsite migration advice and guidance; risk and issue management; reporting; change management; and, communication between the client and professional team.
The move incorporated eleven different phases, each including controlled testing and client handover.
Thanks to PTS, the client has benefited from:
- Independent advice and guidance to translate client vision into reality and represent the client’s needs from initial IT and multimedia strategy, through to design, procurement and implementation
- Advanced IT and AV capabilities on a flexible, future-proof and centralised IP infrastructure
- Reduced IT and AV support costs and ease of management, improving efficiency
- Improved user adoption, collaborative working and video conferencing connectivity, globally
The client was delighted and commented:
Head of Facilities: “Without PTS, I am convinced such a successful IT and AV relocation would not have happened.”
Project Sponsor: “PTS are clearly experts in their field. We wanted the best of the best and PTS delivered.”