London NHS Foundation Trust
IT Service Delivery Model
Review of the IT departmental structure, functions and communications to enable better daily operations in preparation for adopting a new IT Service Delivery model, including best practices for service management, general management, and technical management.
PTS had already carried out an assessment of the client’s current Data Centre infrastructure, governance and operations in order to ensure that the current roadmap to the Cloud is supported effectively by the underlying network and infrastructure architecture.
PTS were now asked to provide further recommendations based on ITIL V4 Best Practice for Service Management Practices, General Management Practices, and Technical Management Practices. The objectives being to:
- Enable better communication between support teams such as IT, Governance and Informatics
- Establish clear and appropriate response times to requests between the teams
- Clarify the role and purpose of individuals within their own team and within the IT department
- Provide a basis for a matrix working environment to minimise the creation of siloed operations and thinking
- PTS will make recommendations on what would be the ideal IT team structure scenario based on an NHS Trust size of 2,500 staff that the trust has today.
To address the objectives, PTS prepare a report providing team structure advisory services to the trust around current and future state team member skill sets.
PTS interviewed all the managers of the teams within IT to discover how the department operated currently before analysing the findings, which were played back to the trust’s project sponsor.
Then PTS produced a report which addressed all the objectives:
- Improved communications between support teams
- Clear response times to requests between teams
- Clarification of roles within teams
- RACI matrix for responsibilities
- Recommendations for staffing levels
within the context of a new structure for the IT Department, together with a mapping of the ITIL V4 Service Management practices onto the new structure.
The report presented a series of conclusions and recommendations on how the IT Department could move forward in the implementation of the new team structure and the implementation of the ITIL V4 Service Management practices.
Regional NHS Health Trust
Faced with the loss of a Data Centre in a portfolio of three, a Welsh NHS Trust turned to PTS to provide a strategy that aligns its digital infrastructure estate with local, regional and national needsRead more
Medical Evidence & Image Exchange Network – Patching
Transforming an inefficient patching solution of siloed stacks inside three different facilities into a coherent, centrally managed, cloud-based patching service using the best practice methodology for security, connectivity on the GCP platform.Read more
Data Centre Construction Company
PTS developed a range of governance, operational policy, process and procedural documentation to allow a construction organisation to bid for and win Data Centre Operational/Facilities Management contracts.Read more