Legal practice Norton Rose LLP judges its award winning Relocation project a success thanks to guidance and support from PTS
Norton Rose LLP is a constituent part of Norton Rose Group, a leading international legal practice offering a full business law service from offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. It has over 200 partners, 800 lawyers and 1,800 staff worldwide.
The practice made the decision to relocate 1200 users from the five buildings that made up their London headquarters to a single central location in prestigious new premises at More London. Overlooking London Bridge and the Tower of London, the new 80,000 square foot premises were designed by Foster and Partners to consist of 9 floors of office accommodation around a central atrium.
With a project of such scale, it was vital for the practice to ensure that the new premises were capable of delivering a fully resilient IT infrastructure that would provide increased performance and redundancy and facilitate new and flexible methods of working. The practice also needed a full understanding of how IT would influence the design of the building well before the project got underway to ensure that detailed IT budgets and project timescales could be accurately mapped out.
PTS’s challenge would be to work alongside the professional project team to help ensure the Relocation project ran smoothly from the initial strategic IT scope design and specification, through to procurement, project management, and occupation of the new building.
- IT Relocation for 1200 users from 6 buildings into prestigious new 280,000 sq ft premises at More London
- High performance converged IP network with Datacentre connectivity delivers increased performance and resiliency and back up for business continuity
- Secure wireless networking, IP telephony enables flexible working and hot desking
- Intelligent Infrastructure Management System automates network management significantly increasing efficiency and will reduce the cost of moves and changes
- Close collaboration with the professional team and 3rd parties ensured requirements were accurately translated into specifications
- 4 phased fast track approach during the Relocation supported by PTS Consulting’s expert Project Management methodologies ensured the project ran on time, to specification, and to budget
Read the full Case Study
“PTS’s support throughout the project from the strategy formulation to the final IT Relocation gave us clear direction and made the whole process simpler to manage. Thanks to the expertise of PTS Consultants, our Headquarters have a secure IT infrastructure and DR facility in place with a state-of-the-art IP-based telephony platform to support our day-to-day operations. Aside from the immediate performance benefits, the IP platform will also allow us to look at introducing collaborative working methods in the future such as desk‐to‐desk IP video conferencing and desktop collaboration.”
PTS delivered a detailed IT Relocation Strategy, as well as design and procurement of technology, from IT and structured cabling, right down to the IP telephone headsets on the desks. PTS also handled the implementation and Project Management, conducting the project in four fast track phases, ensuring the project ran smoothly and on budget.
The building project was awarded the National and Regional British Council of Office (BCO) Fit‐out for Workplace Award. The BCO Awards provides public recognition for top quality design and functionality. The prestigious awards are also seen as a benchmark for excellence in office space.
With Project Management and Relocation assistance, Charles Russell advances within the Middle East to a new premier location in the Bahrain World Trade Centre.Read more
PTS leaves Speechly Bircham fully satisfied with its New Street Square Relocation ProjectRead more