PTS leaves Speechly Bircham fully satisfied with its New Street Square Relocation Project
The firm forecasts predicted employee numbers for 2010 to be in the region of 350 people and approximately 420 by 2012. Since this would necessitate an expansion in office space, Speechly Bircham decided to relocate and selected a new 60,000 sq ft premises in London’s New Street Square. An integral element of the move was to transition the organisation to an open plan working environment. This would allow the company to take full advantage of opportunities for cross‐departmental interaction and team building.
- Relocation of the 300+ staff into the new 60,000 sq ft building in New Street Square, London, on time and on budget ‐ despite very challenging timescales.
- New IP telephony and network systems allow staff to use wireless networking for laptops and phones enabling flexible working and hot-desking. This also allows wireless Internet access for visitors and Internet cafes.
- IP‐based services offer a single smartcard solution for staff allowing: ‘Follow me printing’, cashless vending and improved security.
- Close collaboration with professional teams and 3rd parties ensured that IT’s requirements were accurately translated into specifications and accounted for in the overall build programme.
- Improvements in efficiency of day‐to‐day working procedures such as a reduction in printing costs by 50%
Read the Full Case Study
“With a very demanding timescale, PTS Consulting was able to step in and work with the professional team and help ensure that IT was accounted for within the overall build programme. We left the old building and systems on the Friday evening and moved to the new building on the Monday. All IT was in place and working for the users on the Monday morning and we didn’t have a minute of lost time. With PTS Consulting’s assistance, we were able to achieve the right balance between performance, price and professionalism.”- Robert Cohen, Head of IT at Speechly Bircham
PTS managed the implementation of the physical IT infrastructure and network systems through to project completion. PTS brought specific experience to managing the infrastructure workstream which meant that there was a reduced strain on the client’s internal resources allowing them to work on the in‐house enterprise project stream. “The good thing about having PTS Consulting involved during the relocation process was that its Consultants were able to take ownership of the workstreams under their management whilst the Speechly Bircham team could focus on the Enterprise work stream that was being managed in‐house.”
Cutting edge technology and carbon footprint reduction are the order of the day for prestigious Addleshaw Goddard Relocation project…Read more
With Project Management and Relocation assistance, Charles Russell advances within the Middle East to a new premier location in the Bahrain World Trade Centre.Read more