St Pancras International
PTS project manages the installation of a high-performance IT infrastructure at St Pancras International as the station is redeveloped to support high-speed Channel Tunnel Rail Link…
he iconic London landmark that is St Pancras station was originally built in 1868. It boasted a record breaking clear single arch span at the time of 243ft and it held this record for quarter of a century. The iron structure was built 10 years before the Eiffel Tower. The Barlow train Shed is 689ft long, 243ft wide and 100ft high and as Barlow elected to go over Regents Canal – rather than under is as per Kings Cross – the platform is 19ft above ground. Throughout its history, the station suffered bomb damage in 1918, 1940 and 1942. To bring the station up to date with the demands of the 21st Century, the Grade 1 listed building was to be completely refurbished to house the 400-metre long Eurostar trains and become a premier retail and hospitality destination.
- Independent IT Consultancy to support the delivery of new IT Infrastructure at a detailed level for St Pancras International Station refurbishment working closely with other members of the professional team
- Strategic review of user requirements to produce IT requirements definition
- Design of structured cabling, information systems and CERs
- Quality Assurance and Acceptance testing working in a business as usual environment to ensure resiliency and performance of new IP network to support voice, data, wireless, interactive AV screens, CCTV, Electronic Access Swipe Cards and Passenger Information Points
- Flexible IT infrastructure to support the needs of different retailers, tenants and user group operations
- IT Relocation assistance to move design team to new temporary office premises
Read the Full Case Study
“With the public nature of the St Pancras refurbishment project, and the challenges of working on a 24 hour basis in a live station and Grade 1 listed building, it was crucial that we had an IT Consultancy partner in place that could co-ordinate with the number of professional team members and user groups to ensure that a high performance communication and IT infrastructure was specified and installed to deadline. With PTS Consulting’s experience of involvement in high profile projects, we were confident that we could trust them to deliver.”- Tim Smart, Programme Manager at Union Railway (Part of the LCR Group)
Having PTS Consulting to communicate with the professional team and focus on realising an IT Infrastructure design that was fit-for-purpose allowed London and Continental Railways to concentrate on the delivery of the St Pancras International refurbishment as a whole.
PTS Consulting provided National Museums of Liverpool with an IT infrastructure to serve the multimedia spaces being designed to enhance the visitor experienceRead more
Bringing a 3rd Century Roman temple to life using the latest in AV and interactive archivingRead more