Standard Bank reaps the rewards of a technology refresh and best practice alignment as part of its London Relocation project.
Standard Bank was relocating its London office from 88,000 sq ft premises at Cannon Bridge House to new premises at 20 Gresham Street. The construction Project Management firm for the Relocation project was Trench Farrow, who already had experience of working alongside PTS Consulting on a recent Relocation project for EDF Trading.
- Strategy, Design, Procurement and Project Management Quality Assurance for IT Relocation of 1,200 users to ensure future‐proof IT infrastructure within new London premises.
- IT Infrastructure implementation of: Data Network, Structured Cabling, Audio Visual Technology, Trading Floor Technology, and the IT Equipment Room.
- Voice technology roll‐out of: IP Telephony, Dealer Voice System and Voice Recording.
- A fully converged network supporting voice, data and video traffic, delivering increased efficiency and ease of management.
- Consolidation of technology solution vendors through Procurement and Vendor Evaluation process achieved economies of scale.
- Full transparency of Market Data and Telecoms Inventory and Expenses along with standardised procedures for ease of future administration and management.
- Comprehensive IT testing and migration programme planned alongside the professional team over 5 weekends aligned with overall relocation and construction programmes.
Read the Full Case Study
“The IT equipment room handover has been particularly efficient, the technical standards of which could then be transferred to our existing off‐site Data Centres. With PTS Consulting’s help, I was delighted to complete the IT Relocation and we are now reaping the benefits of our improved technology.”- Rob Threadgold, Technical Infrastructure Manager and Relocation Project Manager, Standard Bank
With Project Management assistance from PTS Consulting, the IT Relocation was completed to the Bank’s deadline. The Client has been particularly pleased with how PTS Consulting integrated into the professional project team.