Bank of America
Global Investment Company relocates to new environmentally friendly EMEA HQ in the heart of London’s financial community.
When the Client approached PTS Consulting (PTS), it was in the process of planning the relocation to a new EMEA HQ in the heart of London’s financial community – a unique environmentally friendly building, designed to emit 40% less CO2 than buildings of the same scale and 20% (by value) of the buildings material contain recycled elements.
Having already established a team to support this move including Project Managers, Architects and M&E Consultants, the Client recognised that the IT workstream was critical to the success of project and that additional resource was required to work with the in house IT team. While the internal IT department had a technical understanding of the existing IT infrastructure and applications, it was largely focused on Business As Usual activities. It therefore required additional resource to take responsibility for the overall IT Relocation Project Management, as well as providing specialised input into the Audio Visual requirements.
- A close working relationship with the Client’s IT team both in London and New York
- Final IT migration managed over a single weekend
- Providing assurance to the New York IT Team that the IT elements of Broadgate Towers met the global corporate standards of the Client
- Initial IT migration strategy ensured budget, objectives and project deliverables clearly defined up front
- Design and competitive procurement of Audio Visual equipment
- Implementation and end-to-end project management
Read the Full Case Study
“While the internal IT department had a technical understanding of the existing IT infrastructure and applications, it was largely focused on Business As Usual activities. It, therefore, required additional resource to take responsibility for the overall IT Relocation Project Management.”
The Client was delighted that the relocation programme was such a success. The Client relocated to its new showcase EMEA HQ – on time and on budget. The new platforms incorporate advanced technology and adequate resiliency and flexibility as the Client continues to grow in the future.