Large Banking Industry
Global Financial Institution utilises PTS’s Governance expertise to enhance their communication capabilities and further increase their visibility into IT initiatives.
The client, a large financial services company, lacked the internal governance maturity to deliver a large and complex technology transformational program within critical timelines. The challenge was further complicated by the number of projects, 58, within the program which includes 30,000+ data points to track, maintain and report, along with multiple stakeholders and many interdependencies.
PTS’s methodology integrates people, processes, and technology to establish the scope and scale of the programme which details the underpinning applications and supporting IT infrastructure.
PTS governance team works with the client to extend existing processes to allow for visibility into project health to manage specific project deadlines and project risks.
PTS used its customisable PPM tool for data collection, report generation and managing critical milestones. This data is the basis for the client’s reporting needs to provide programme visibility and transparency for all stakeholders.
This was an appealing solution to the Client as they were able to avoid the expense of an on-premise Portfolio and Project Management tool. The solution aggregated and integrated all 58 MS Project Plan data (78 data fields including baselines and variance data) with issue, risk and change request elements into various programme views and reports. Furthermore, the solution integrated client CMDB asset information and external vendor data totalling over 30,000+ data points.
The project methodology defined a set of controls to ensure adherence to the methodology resulting in an accurate data set for timely analysis and measurement. This repeatable approach enabled reliability, dependability, and transparency of milestones throughout the project.
- The process and technology solution enabled visibility into programme performance, perform an in-depth analysis of project portfolio data, assess current baselines against program changes, and use the data to effectively forecast programme milestones.
- The solution facilitated data-driven discussions bridging the Business and IT teams on which to align and deliver.
- Data and toolsets provided the foundation for bi-directional traceability supporting necessary internal and external audits.
- Timely escalations of risks and issues allowed necessary project course corrections.
- Predictable and reliable project reporting to track program health.
- Stakeholders had consistent and reliable information on all milestones, projects, baselines, and changes which enabled data-driven decisions.
- Gain greater visibility at the programme level and was better able to assess the cost of organizational change to the programme at large and tie project performance to their business goals and objectives.
- Provide immediate project visibility to analyse project against PMO Policies and Standards for improved accuracy with greater efficiency.
- Perform ‘What-If Scenario’ analysis on the impact of project slippage to key milestones which allows successful course correction.