Full Fibre Access Network Partner
Best-in-Class Target Operating Model
Operations management technical advisory engagement providing a full end-to-end fibre fxchange support and improvement towards best-in-class Target Operating Model (TOM).
The Client, a Full Fibre Access Network Provider, is the UK’s third national digital infrastructure platform. With existing networks in more than 60 towns and cities, providing wholesale connectivity to multiple business and consumer service providers, local authorities and mobile operators.
The Client has network rollouts underway with plans to pass up to 8 million homes and businesses with open-access full fibre infrastructure.
PTS was asked to cover the following high-level requirements for the FEX operational support. Items disclosed including
- End-to-End processes required to monitor, manage, maintain and repair the FEXs
- Tools and systems required to achieve the above.
- Organisation, outsourcing and RACI
- Best Practices and Target Operating Model for facility operations and maintenance
- Gap analysis on the current operational model vs TOM.
- A detailed action plan with recommendations
“Incidents often got misreported or ‘lost’ between us and the 3rd party FM supplier. Many people within the support organisation did not understand how incidents were handled, nor did they fully understand who was responsible for owning and resolving them”
– Full Fibre Access Network Provider
- PTS provided the full “end-to-end” process flow reviewed against the “best in class” target operating model.
- PTS undertook analysis to identify the gaps between two models.
- PTS undertook and provided a risk assessment which highlighted the most significant risks and issues, and consequently the areas of focus for action and improvement.
- PTS then devised a roadmap outlining how to achieve the necessary mitigation and better alignment with the TOM.
- The client had scaled up quickly with its fibre rollout plans proceeding at an accelerating pace and had grown organically without a strong operational structure to manage the FEXs as they mature in production operations. PTS provided clear guidance to allow the client to continue on its ambitious growth plans while building a strong support organisation to manage FEXs as they enter production
- PTS provided a best in class TOM that reflected the client’s requirements and demonstrated what ‘good’ looked like with exemplars of policy and process documentation
- PTS presented the findings to the Sponsor and senior management, talking through the major risks and issues and the roadmap for mitigation and resolution
Faced with the loss of a Data Centre in a portfolio of three, a Welsh NHS Trust turned to PTS to provide a strategy that aligns its digital infrastructure estate with local, regional and national needsRead more
Transforming an inefficient patching solution of siloed stacks inside three different facilities into a coherent, centrally managed, cloud-based patching service using the best practice methodology for security, connectivity on the GCP platform.Read more